advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

Hi! ACDF Surgery in September 2014

Hi, My name is Mary and I am having ACDF on C5 thru C7 on September 10th. I have a herniated disc c7 that is within the canal and goes laterally to the left and central. Most of my symptoms are from osteophytes pressing on my nerve roots. I am trying to get similar people to join this thread for support as in the surgery buddies however anyone with this condition is welcome to share their stories. I have read numerous ones and have gained much knowledge. I am on count down to the surgery. Today I am getting a PICC line placement for an iron infusion. I had Bariatric surgery in 2000 which left me with low iron and B12. I am wondering how this will affect the growth of the allografts that they are using. I managed to go from 375 to 173 over the years, so I am not drastically overweight any more. I work in the medical field of x-ray and ultrasound so I am familiar with what is done during the actual surgery. This makes me a little more anxious. I welcome anyone to join this forum.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Mary - I have to have the same procedure 11/3, but C5-C6 only. Would love to know how you're doing.
  • Hi Mary, I too would like to hear how you are doing. Hope everything has gone great for you. I go Friday to sign consent paper for acdf surgery. I have level 3 spinal compression and scared to death. I have heard so much negative comments . I know I have to do it for my own health and safety.
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.