advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

Rule: 5.10 You agree not to post specific physician names or health care facilities names on Spine-

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,974
edited 12/21/2015 - 5:57 AM in New Member Introductions
Please adhere to the above rule.

All violations of this rule will result in the thread/post being edited and the specific name either deleted or renamed to XXXX
Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement

Comments

• yes
    jademaid
  • Had a lumbar lamanicty on 4 and 5 last Nov hips were really hurting because scaitic nerve after surgery hip pain gone but back and left leg is hurting daily doing water walk for therpary
    Dale
  • advertisement
  • Would like comments
    Dale
  • Hello Everyone! I want to start by apologizing for including my "hopefully future" doctor by name. I found the rule after I posted. It won't happen again! I am a 52 y/o male who fractured c1-c2 in 1981. Spinal fusion and halo brace for 8 months and am still alive and walking/talking and breathing! Since then was diagnosed with DISH throughout my thoracic spine and now am having intense muscle spasms in my L1 -L4 area with knife like stabs and costrochondritis-condritis rib muscle pain. X-rays show over 20 razor sharp bone spurs throughout and every doctor I've seen says "there's nothing I can do." My theory is that due to the DISH, my upper lumbar is taking the brunt of everything and that's what's causing the serious spams. I've been on hydrocodone APAP for over 15 years but it's not cutting it anymore. I don't want stronger pain meds! Is there anyone out there with similar issues that has found relief? Thanks for listening! Look forward to new friendships!
    Rob
  • sSUXssSUX Posts: 2
    edited 05/26/2015 - 4:20 AM
    dilauro said:
    Please adhere to the above rule.

All violations of this rule will result in the thread/post being edited and the specific name either deleted or renamed to XXXX
  • advertisement
  • I know it seems backwards but the purpose of this site isn't to refer patients to physicians. It's to be a support network of people who understand one another. That, in my opinion, is far better and personal than a transaction of a physician's or surgeon's name.
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,974
    that rule was put in place to protect the doctors and medical institutes.

It is beyond the scope of this site to legally protect doctors. Therefore, to avoid any potential problem, it is much safer and much wiser not to allow the specific naming.

We did have an situation where a doctor was named, another member contacted that doctor and said they were referred by member XYZ and that created a major problem. It just doesnt make sense to provide specific names.

As Sarah said, Spine-Health is not a referral service.
  • I agree with those who say what a loose to not be able to refer to a good Doctor or clinic. So many times on here it is asked since it is a critical part of getting results we need. But like you said Ron it cannot happen but what a shame. In the past two years I have searched for Doctors and even now it has been a nightmare. Then if you go to one after another trying to get a diagnose you are scared that you will be labeled doctor shopping. I called Medicare and there is the deal you can only see a third doctor in that specialty if the first two gave different diagnoses which is limiting.
    They say the best way to get a good Doctor is through friends and family.
    I was talking to my GP how he feels about the on-line reviews that are done on them and he said it can be good but then there are the ones that go on and blast a Doctor for dumb things or he knows they go on more than once. He also said it can have a huge impact if they get too many negative and Doctors are not too happy with that tool.
    Anyway some of us get lucky right.
    Sherri
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,974
    The private message system follow the exact rules as the forum does. Private messages are used to exchange communication between one or more members. Its private in the fact that no one else can see those messages. But this does not change the rules.

We have had this situation many times. The way the message gets around is for people to use their external emails. That has been the most effective way to pass on this type of information
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.