advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Sore and burning feeling in lower arms after TLIF surgery

I am almost 5 weeks post op a 2 level tlif. My back issues pre surgery have gone away YEAH.... I did wake up after surgey and complained of lower arm numbness and pain. I was told that it was normal due to being on my stomach fpr almost a 9 hour surgery. I still have the soreness in my lower arm, also almost feels like I mildly burned my arms...which I havent and now my hands are getting cold on a regular basis.

Anyone else experience this?

Desiree
Desiree

L4/5 S1 Decompression PSF with TLIF 11/5/14
Spondylolithesis (congenital)
DDD
advertisement

Comments

• What levels were fused? Have you notified your Dr of these ongoing issues?

LC
    Progressive DDD
    Osteoarthritis
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
    Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
    Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014
  • I had a l4/l5 s1 tlif on November 5. My PCP is aware and clueless. The surgeon is aware. I have emailed him....and I see him next week for 6 week check up so we will see...not going to leave his office without some definitive answers...

My concern is that my arms get soooo sore after a short bit of typing and writing and in my job I do a TON of both....
    Guess this is my new challenge to overcome....

Desiree
    Desiree

DDD
  • advertisement
  • I can't believe the surgery took 9 hours. I wasn't sure if you had a Cervical Fusion and may be dealing with ongoing nerve pain. This is obviously a separate issue since you had lumbar surgery. All I can say is I hope you get some answers at your upcoming appointment. I've had body soreness and some fatigue since my surgery just over 6 weeks ago, but the soreness and burning sensation of your arms is a bit strange. Is the burning sensation getting any better? 9 hours is a long time to have your body in an awkward position.

I hope you get some relief.
    LC
    Progressive DDD
    Osteoarthritis
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
  • Thanks and me too! I know they said I would be a litle sore, just didnt think it would be so long. As long as I dont touch my lower arms I'm fine, lol. Just feels like a mild sunburn or soreness when I touch.....It could be worse, right?

Desiree
    Desiree

DDD
  • Way to stay positive :). I'm curious to hear what your Dr says since you're still having those symptoms this far out.

Feel free to keep me posted!
    LC
    Progressive DDD
    Osteoarthritis
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
  • advertisement
  • Yes it could be worse. Are you still having a successful recovery ? You mentioned that your back issues have gone away which is great. I'm curious to hear what your Dr says about the arm pain since you're further out now.

LC
    Progressive DDD
    Osteoarthritis
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
  • Yes it could be worse. You mentioned that your back issues pre surgery have gone away, that's really great. I'm curious what your Dr will say about your arm pain since you're further out now.

LC
    Progressive DDD
    Osteoarthritis
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
  • I am new to this site and was trying to learn answers for my pain in my arms after having L4/LA spinal fusion on 11-3-14. About 2 days after surgery I have pain at both of my wrists. These areas are very sensitive to touch and painful. The feeling I have is like there is a very tight string that extends from my neck are to my wrists. When my arms are extended it feels as if the string is too short and pain is felt at my wrists. Recently I have noticed bruising at both wrists where the pain is concentrated. I discussed this with a chiropractic friend of mine and he thought it may have been related to how during surgery I was strapped in. I will be contacting my surgeon immediately after the Christmas holidays.
  • I went to my surgeon, he said my arm sensitivities are nomal due tp positioing of surgery ang length of surgery...just takes time.... curious to hear what yor doc says...
    Desiree
    Desiree

DDD
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.