• Sure would appreciate any opinions on this, please read whole thread
**10 years ago, had 1st micro discectomy, L5 S1, life went well. Fall 2011---3 Years ago, symptoms come back with a vengeance
**Just started a new job, went thru PT with a vengeance to try and avoid surgery as long as possible. Summer of 2014, my time had come and had to get the surgery in Aug 2014.
• From the time I woke up, I didn’t feel any different; only PT assigned was to walk, not sit for long periods, no lifting, and no driving 6-8 weeks
• The pain is LIKE HAVING A FLIP CELL PHONE DUCT TAPED TO BOTTOM OF THE OUTSIDE FRONT OF LEFT FOOT, as well as the burning/pain in 3 outer toes in each foot.
• By Nov, get another MRI, surgeon showed me where the disc was still hitting nerves, and they would rather ERROR on the side of not taking enough disc out vs taking too much out, then needing a fusion.
• Dec 5, same surgery, just MUCH MORE invasive. Instead of a 1 inch incision, this time, 4 inches. Pain 1st week or 2, SIGNIFICANTLY MORE.
• This time, I didn’t work at all (work from home on laptop/phone; travel when back is agree-able) for 3 weeks. I didn’t travel last time either for 8 weeks.
• 4 weeks later, SAME PAINS…..VERY FRUSTRATED
**You know the 2 or 3 days per week where you sleep well, wake up feeling like a million bucks…I feel great til about mid-late day, then the pain kicks in……..but on those 2 or 3 days you didn’t sleep well….JUST AWFULL, the pain just takes over, day ruined.
• Going to pain management DR tomorrow for more meds, surgeon not scheduled til late Jan.
• Only PT ordered is walking as I can tolerate, laying down a lot, not sitting more than 15 minutes at a time.
Sound like I may just have long term nerve damage and be stuck with this for good?