advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Dynamic Cervical Implant (DCI): Heard of it, have it?

Hi. It appears that I may not have enough disc height for ADR. One surgeon overseas has suggested implanting two Dynamic Cervical Implants (DCI) made by Paradigm Spine. The studies I have read say that it provides better flexion, extension and shock absorption than fusion and possibly helps avoid adjacent disc disease. Naturally, it isn't FDA approved yet. Just wondering if anyone has had DCI - or has any knowledge of it. Thanks.
WhyUs?
advertisement

Comments

• Hi there, on January 6th I had C-6/7 replaced with an artifical disc. I did not have a fusion, would that be what you're referring to? I feel silly asking but my sugeon didn't call it that he called it a cervical arthoplasty. If we are on the same page I'd love to help answer any questions you may have.
  • Hi CrystalCooke. DCI is not FDA approved and is only used overseas as far as I know. Did you have your surgery outside of the U.S.? If you Google it, you will see the difference between it and an artificial disc. It's kind of a U-shaped "spring thing". Reports on it have been good, but no long term studies are available yet. I hope you're feeling better since your surgery.
    WhyUs?
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.