There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

any one else have this problem ???

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,002
i got injured at work when i was 18, the doctors hired by workmans comp didnt help me at all except for when they hired a chiropractor i told them he was helping so they closed my case and i'm 19 now still unable to walk normally from my herniated disc and my nerve pain in my legs is still the same and all the doctors i talk to say since i'm so young i should be healed so they say that i'm just looking for drugs.

anyone else have evil doctors that like to torture people like that?

if i wanted drugs i'd go downtown seriously!



  • I hate to hear stories like this. Even though you are young does not mean you do not have pain that needs medical treatment.
    I hope that you will soon find a doc that believes you and will get you the relief you need. Just keep pushing the doc to have another MRI, CT-Scan or what ever else you can get him to do. Some doc's just do not realize that even though the surgery has been done---you still have pain. If your present surgeon will not help you, then get another opinion. Just do what you have to do with in the legal limits to get the treatment you need.
  • :) hi and welcome to the new forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it sounds like you are having alot of problems with your doctor. have you agreed to try other methods of pain control besides just medication? are you forcing yourself on doctors instead of being gracious and kind? these are a few things you might want to look at. good luck and i hope you find some solutions to your problem. Jenny :)
  • advertisement
  • I don't know where you are but in jersey you have two years from discharge to reopen your case for additional care. You don't need a new injury, just go to whoever the person is who sets up your appts, Or to the WC doctor. Explain that you are still in severe pain and want to have further testing done to know why. Maybe if you go in asking for answers, not drugs outright, they will give you a better response. If they don't listen, talk to an attorney. Do whatever it takes to get the care you need.
  • WHen i was 25 i had a fall on a train and workcover was involved. I hated being on compo and having to report in etc. My physio didnt help because he was basically on a free ride with the system. BUT now at 35 i have herniated the disc, couldnt walk and had to have surgery. I never listened to my mum and closed out my compo because i hated feeling dependent on them. However, drs now say that this has happened because of that fall which weakended it.

    Sorry to be long winded. I just want to say, persist, keep looking for a dr that knows you just want to be well - whatever it takes. These things can happen at any age.....

    good luck
Sign In or Join Us to comment.