advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Recovery from fractured l3 & l5 with surgery

sherryobrienssherryobrien Posts: 1
edited 02/23/2015 - 1:26 AM in Osteoporosis and Fractures
I fell down the steps at home and fractured l3 & l5. I had the kypophlasty surgery. The surgery went fine, but the adverse side effects from the STRONG pain meds were a nightmare. I am know on hydrocodone 10-325 and try to not take too many due to the side effects brings on depression and anxiety. Can anyone help with suggestions?
Sherry OBrien
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,699
    welcome to spine-health

use that above hyperlink to help you get started with spine-health and navigate through the system.

if there are any questions, you can always post them here, send liz or myself a private message or contact ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
    To get the right kind of pain relief can take time as we are all different...so a little trial and try again.
    My hydrocodone brings out a sadness in me also. I wasn't aware of it for awhile as I am alone so much of the time.
    But I've had friends and family tell me thy notice a change in me quickly. Sometimes with others I get tearful and I don't know why.

It's not uncommon to have depression with chronic pain. Please always let your doctor know. There are meds that help with pain and depression and doctor can determine what will best help you..

Please let us know how you are doing...if doctor is able to give you better relief from pain.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.