advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Failed facet injection, now what? Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• He had mentioned surgery once, then after my second MRI he said "I'm taking it off the table" then when I i expressed concern for being in so much pain after so long, he took another look at my X-rays and saw I have some instability, so then he said "never mind, I take that back, surgery is still a possibility" so he ordered the facet injection and said to follow up a couple weeks after the injection to discuss the next steps. So I see him this Tuesday.
    My husband is very scared that surgery won't fix my problems, I have faith that twill. I am more scared of the recovery.
  • That is a valid concern and something that needs to be taken seriously. In general, if your condition is due to degeneration, basically the bones and supporting material falling apart due to bad genetics, then you could be in for other surgeries down the road. This is especially true if you are young, in your 20s and 30s, but is not true if you are in your late fifties or sixties because everyones discs start drying out.

However, if your condition is injury induced and you have a herniation then your chances of success are very high, among the highest of any surgery.

You must remember that the people that frequent this board or any internet forum tend to be ones still in some form of pain. You do not hear from the success stories because those people have moved on.

Please ask your neurosurgeon to make an educated guess on how he sees you a few years down the road should you have surgery.

• advertisement
  • Well WolfpackSVB, that gives me some peace of mind. Mine is definitely accident and herniation related and not degeneration related.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.