advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Back to work and feeling awful

Comments

• I might resign with a request to allow to code for rehire and see how i feel in 6 months . Its doable and work is killing me. It takes every ounce of energy to barely get through my day . Recently started having severe women's issues as well and may need a hysterectomy if it doesn'tget better. HHaven't had any problems in this area in years and wonder if stress caused it to return. Unfortunately it creates more pain and pressure on the low back. Laying around in bed all weekend. Blah.
  • Hi Christiben,

I do not know if it is feasible in your job, but are you able to work part-time? This is my third week back and I am still just part-time right now because even with breaks to lay down for 15 minutes every couple of hours I am toast by lunch. The first two weeks were miserable until my GP changed up my lyrica dosing to a double dose before bed. I finally feel that I am getting a little better this week.

Good luck to you and take care of yourself.
    1 in a million
  • advertisement
  • christibencchristiben Posts: 119
    edited 03/23/2015 - 9:41 AM
    I will ask about it. I will need a doctors letter in order to do it and he cleared me to go full time after just two weeks of part-time. I will definitely look into it. Not doing well on full time yet. I'm 52 and in good shape but feel I need more time to heal properly. Thanks!
  • I will ask about it. I will need a doctors letter in order to do it and he cleared me to go full time after just two weeks of part-time. I will definitely look into it. Not doing well on full time yet. I'm 52 and in good shape but feel I need more time to heal properly. Thanks!
  • christiben said:
    Thank you everyone. Looks like I'm not the only one. I just ordered a vari desk that will allow me to stand at my desk. I swear, i f I counted up how much money I've spent over the years on various treatments, gadgets, supplements,for this back issue I'm sure I'd find o would've been rich enough to retire by now. Management thinks since I've been cleared I should be in perfect shape. Good luck everyone.
    Just got my Vari-Desk about an hour ago.. How do you find it is helping you?
    My feet are tired already LOL but its better then the pain and agony of sitting for more then 30 seconds. I sit 8 hours a day plus 2 hours of driving.
  • advertisement
  • Cass99CCass99 Posts: 2
    edited 06/26/2015 - 3:18 PM
    Wow, reading everyone's post has helped me to understand I'm not the only one! I'm 3 1/2 mo post Alif L5 s1 with instrumentation. I still have very bad back and buttocks pain, spasm to right groin and tingling , numbness to right foot. The pain also radiates up from my right foot to just below my knee. My surgeon says I'm healing perfectly and I'm released to go back to work. Unfortunately I do not agree with him because every case is different. Just because one patient recovered quickly does not mean the same for me. I'm still taking meds for spasms and pain. I follow up with him in 6 weeks. And I will not return to work until I feel comfortable and I don't believe that I'm completely fused. You definitely pay for it when you try to do too much when your having a good morning/night. What's disappointing is that you get rid of one problem and gain another. I.m hoping that it does get better at some point. Does any one feel like pins and needles amplified x 100 in their lower back and legs when sitting and lying down. It kind of feels like a phone vibrating in your pocket?

Frustrated!!
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.