advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Big toe pain after plantar flexion

I am 7 weeks post discectomy (L4-L5, L5-S1) surgery and attempted some nerve gliding exercise for the leg on my own. I sat on a chair, straightened both my legs and performed a dorsi flexion(toes are brought closer to the shin) and a plantar flexion (movement which decreases the angle between the sole of the foot and the back of the leg). With plantar flexion (may have been a little aggressive) I experienced a sharp pain in my big toe (like someone was driving a nail into my toe) and stopped the gliding immediately. It's been 4 days and I still have pain in my big toe. Could I have damaged my nerve with this exercise ? How long will it take to recover ? Has anybody experienced something like this ?
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on welcome to learn more about sh and how to navigate this site to be of best benefit to you.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

Sign In or Join Us to comment.