advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Hi Everyone-

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,008
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
I've been reading your posts for some insight for my nutrition issues. My normal weight that I held before all of this started was 195, before 10/2005. Then with all the medications like Lyrica and steroids I went up to 265. After my Fusion and rehab I was now able to cook again but my taste for food has definitely changed.

I am now down to 165 and at a current plateau for the last 2 weeks. I started losing the weight by getting off Lyrica and steroids, not eating processed foods and totally replacing all soda pop with water. For some reason I can no longer tolerate a lot of dairy products?

The main thing was replacing all TV dinners, the only thing I could cook during what I call my "incarceration period" (couldn't walk) LOL.

I found a product called the Sunbeam Rocket Grill. This thing is amazing and NO clean up. I now grill chicken, fish or turkey burgers and vegetables everyday. I eat fruits and vegetables with my entree and a limited amount of crackers and nuts for snacks.

I do need to take more vitamins though. I currently only take a multi-vitamin and extra Calcium.

Any suggestions?

Good luck and be proud of all your hard work.
O-
advertisement

Comments

• sounds like u doing great,ur very welcome here.im following a low fat diet abd find that weighing in every sunday helps im sure it will help u 2
  • :) hi! benji is right. perhaps weighing in on Sunday will do the trick. having that extra watch dog might just be what you need to take off those final pounds. good luck and i will see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • advertisement
  • hi! i can do walking from 20 to 25 minutes a week, sometimes twice in one day. by Friday i am worn out and dragging my leg. rest over the weekend and start all over. i have been blessed with an appointment at the orthopedic clinic at the nearby state hospital. it has given me hope which i had lost and i feel so happy that there is a chance i could become pain free or at least less so. please keep your fingers crossed for me and plenty of positive energy! the best to everyone else hoping for hope! Jenny :)
  • hi! i can do walking from 20 to 25 minutes a week, sometimes twice in one day. by Friday i am worn out and dragging my leg. rest over the weekend and start all over. i have been blessed with an appointment at the orthopedic clinic at the nearby state hospital. it has given me hope which i had lost and i feel so happy that there is a chance i could become pain free or at least less so. please keep your fingers crossed for me and plenty of positive energy! the best to everyone else hoping for hope! Jenny :)
  • i am too loopy to fix that above, sorry!!!! Jenny
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.