advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Weight- my biggest struggle

Comments

• nice post
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
    hello chriselnon!
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • I know that, but do not have enough time for that! For this i use lipovon.
  • SooveritSooverit Finger Lakes region of NYPosts: 459
    Hi Spineykd23 (or whoever is reading this old thread!),

I have had the opposite occur. I have lost so much weight that people likely think I'm anorexic. I guess I am, in the sense that I do not eat nearly enough. Anyhow...

I cannot recommend enough a strict vegetarian or vegan diet for getting weight off, while taking in lots of nutrients. Not a junkivore diet, mind you (veg but eating all fattening junk food). A clean, yummy whole food based diet.

It is so easy these days to go veg (even if temporarily) with all the foods out there. You can feel the difference in your body.

I've been a vegetarian since age 11. If I can help in any way with suggestions, please let me know. 

Take care, 
    Sara :) 
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
    Please note....any kind of diet and or supplement may be effective for one and may be harmful to another.
    Your doctor knows all of your medical issues and can guide you with appropriate diet and or supplement.
    Always good to consult your doctor before change in exercise, activity and diets.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • To loose weight its very important to be very determined towards the diet plan and exercise schedule. Its hardest thing to loose weight but can be achieved if  we put on some limits to our lazy habits.
    Rosemary W Mackey
  • Loosing weight is really  a struggle but can be achieved by total determination toward diet plan and workout. And also by putting some limitations to our lazy habits.
    Rosemary W Mackey
  • SJCSSJC WarriorPosts: 1
    I really wish I could figure out what to do.  I need to lose 50 lbs. I have had 3 major back surgeries, two years apart and it's worse for me now than If I had never had it done. I would not if I had it to do over but when I had it done I did not know anyone who had back surgeries so therefore I relied totally on what my Dr. told me.  Mistake!!! Now I am on blood pressure meds 3 times daily and if I could drop the 50 lbs. then I could get off the meds. If you can PLEASE help. I would appreciate any advice.

• Savage said:

Please note....any kind of diet and or supplement may be effective for one and may be harmful to another.
    Your doctor knows all of your medical issues and can guide you with appropriate diet and or supplement.
    Always good to consult your doctor before change in exercise, activity and diets.

I agree with you. For me Lipovon a good product!
  • Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 756
    Hi sjc
    I, too, struggle. Sticking to a healthy eating plan works, sounds easy, but is hard to do. I tend to over eat because of stress. I am trying to do more physically. I still need to eat better. Sigh.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.