advertisement
advertisement

Five months of Cervical Pain/Issues

PopItToMePPopItToMe Posts: 1
edited 01/03/2016 - 9:44 PM in Neck Pain Forum
Hello,

I am new to these forums! I hope everyone is doing okay.

I've been having cervical pain for 5 months now. It started as aching in my spine and radiating pain in my shoulders. It hurts to look down (it sounds like its grinding when I look up or down and when looking down I get pain down my spine and into my hips/legs) hold my head to look up or to the sides. My symptoms continue to worsen as time progress. Now I'm in constant pain with flare ups getting so horrible I cry. My legs get painful chills/entire body chills and I'm always cold. I have myoclonus episodes 3 or more times a day. My lower neck clicks when I do just about anything.

I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas on what it could be? I went to the er the other night and was given a neck brace and muscle relaxants and told I should get an MRI. I had an X-ray done in October and was told it was fine minus having loss the curvature in it.

Please remember that no one at Spine-Health is a formally trained medical professional so not permitted to give medical advice. Everything that is posted here is based on personal experiences and perhaps additional research
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 2,041
    edited 07/24/2019 - 3:23 PM
    Please take the time to read this post and refer to it when you have questions.

I am sure that you will find your time on spine-health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and growing. Here are just some of the highlights that are available as tabs on the main spine-health menu bar:

Spine-health main menu tabs

conditions detailed medical libraries of articles and videos that address almost every spinal condition.
    treatment list of treatments to the conditions identified by spine-health.
    wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.
    medical articles
    pain forums these are the forums you will be using
    find a doctor this provides with a method to search for doctors in various locations.
    videos index to all spine-health videos

As a bonus, Veritas Health provides these forums. Here you can meet thousands of people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a support system. You are now part of this family that is approximately 100,000 international members and growing daily.

IMPORTANT

It is very important to understand the Code of Conduct to make sure your posts do not violate any of the rules.

All new members should read our FAQ in order to understand the layout of the forums, how to navigate through the forums, helpful terms, how to make effective threads and posts, plus a link index to many of the important medical forums and key medical articles on Spine-health Forum FAQ

Please remember to keep your forum posts brief, use proper grammar, and create a title for your post that helps other members understand your question right away. This will lead to faster responses and more helpful information.

You can also find Spine-health on these social networks:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/spinehealth
    Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/spinehealth/boards/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/spinehealth

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the private message to contact any one of the spine-health moderators.

Liz -Veritas Health Forum Moderator
  • hoosier boyhhoosier boy Posts: 1
    edited 01/08/2016 - 7:13 AM
    I just got home on the 5th from the hospital. I had severe pain that started 5 months ago in my shoulders, both arms and hands. Pain level at 9-10 most of the time. no pill could stop the pain. MRI showed that I had a herniated disc at C5-6 and C6-7. Both disc were pushing on the nerves in that area which caused my pain. They operated by going in through my throat and fused both disc and placed a metal plate in the front for stabilization. My pain level dropped to a 2 the first day. Still probably a 2 but from my throat area. Hard to swallow but no other pain now. Get an MRI and it will tell all. Hope you get better soon.
  • advertisement
  • SavageSSavage United StatesPosts: 3,356
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    Welcome to Veritas Health Forum
    please click on link for helpful information!
Sign In or Join Us to comment.