advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

Newbie to site but veteran chronic back pain sufferer

Hello folks, I'd like to introduce myself and give a little background. My name is Wanda and in 2004 I discovered that I could no longer wear heels all day as I had done for so many years. When it became painful to walk I knew something was wrong. I went to my Pcp and was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease at age 45! I had never heard of ddd before but by the sound of it I thought it was something "old people" suffered with. To make a long story short, 12 years later, after physical therapy, topical creams, TENS unit, epidural injections, steroids, tramadol, lyrica, celebrex, every narcotic on the market, surgery to remove a cervical tumor within the spinal cord, laminectomy, discectomy, and spinal fusion between 2004-2014. I was diagnosed with levoscoliosis in November 2015 at the age of 56! I am scheduled to have a 2nd spinal fusion, this time with instrumentation. I have learned three important things that I hope will make this surgery a success and relieve the pain. 1: I quit smoking, 2: I will walk for exercise and 3: I will rest when I need to rest. Most importantly I will ask for help, that's why I joined this group. Can anyone who has had multiple surgeries, treatments, meds offer advice and/or words of encouragement? Tyvm
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,264
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

Sign In or Join Us to comment.