advertisement
advertisement

Meditation

Titanium spine queenTitanium spine queen CTPosts: 39
edited 01/24/2016 - 8:48 AM in Maintenance
Who meditates for pain relief? I find it important for helping with my pain. I though have read of those who can keep their minds in a certain state and that eases most of their discomfort to a comfortable level. I while In a meditation state do notice a decrease in pain and mentally feel more relaxed. My mind races thousands of thoughts, it seems anyhow, per second and have a hard time concentrating. I have tried mindfulness techniques which do help somewhat. I would like to hear of anyone who meditates and has any tips. My goal is to be able to switch into a meditative state when pain is overwhelming me. I do not take pain pills, just muscle relaxers.
Note: I have tried guided meditation as well with not much help. Singing bowls seem to be very helpful as well.
advertisement

Comments

• Titanium spine queenTitanium spine queen CTPosts: 39
    edited 01/31/2016 - 12:53 AM
    In pain and neasous I tried meditation. As hard as I wanted it to work the tears came, the pills then came and so did the vomiting. So much for real relief from meditation. Sigh. I think the oxicotin is expired too. Back to the doctors..
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 4,299
    edited 07/31/2019 - 3:30 PM
    Your meditation may become a part of your toolbox for addressing your pain and other symptoms.
    My living with the chronic pain can not be done with meds alone, in my opinion and with my experiences.

My medications take the edge off the pain and keep me out of the ER, for which I'm grateful, but pain still remains..the pain, the nausea from the pain itself, the, etc....

I do not meditate, but even for me to simply remind myself to stop and just breath, helps me feel less controlled by the episodes of feeling uncontrollable pain.
    Other suggestions or ideas I had myself after reading the blend have been so beneficial to me.
  • advertisement
  • Savage thanks for your reply. I found out why nothing is working. Most symptoms seem to be leading to my Chiaris and that it is causing this. I am having an MRI and then if that is it, which doc is 90% sure, then off to another surgeon who specializes in brain surgery. Now to update my other post. Oh also doc said I would qualify for cannibis for pain and neausa. Idk much about it though. Its legal here in CT. My spine surgeon is not authorized to write the rx but thinks I would benefit. Eh maybe.
  • PlumbTuckeredOutPlumbTuckeredOut Philadelphia, PAPosts: 91
    Years ago, I had a therapist who I was seeing for a different issue but he knew I was living in a world of pain and he taught cognitive behavioral therapy for people with intractable pain. Back then I didn't know I was one of those people but the book he suggested was called, ...... oh and I'm not sure if the rules allow me to recommend a book. Private message me if your interest Titanium Queen! I still use the book at times. Also, my favorite thing I bought for help with pain issues and helps with so many issues. I bought a aromatherapy vaporizer. I found my favorite essential oils and I LOVE mixing different scents according to my moods! It was definitely one of my best pain investments!

Sheila

• PlumbTuckeredOut said:
    Years ago, I had a therapist who I was seeing for a different issue but he knew I was living in a world of pain and he taught cognitive behavioral therapy for people with intractable pain. Back then I didn't know I was one of those people but the book he suggested was called, ...... oh and I'm not sure if the rules allow me to recommend a book. Private message me if your interest Titanium Queen! I still use the book at times. Also, my favorite thing I bought for help with pain issues and helps with so many issues. I bought a aromatherapy vaporizer. I found my favorite essential oils and I LOVE mixing different scents according to my moods! It was definitely one of my best pain investments!

Sheila

Hi Sheila,
    I love aromatherapy! I have to be careful because my dog seems so sensitive to it and sneezes his lil head off. 
    I also suffer from PTSD and had a wonderful trauma therapist who taught me some methods as well for pain relief. Its hard for me to get to where I am able to concentrate enough to do it at times. This pain and neasous thing I am now going through is quite something and has me praying to the porcelein God more so than not. Nothing including the strongest meds work. Doc wants me to try cannibis now. I am so against anything going into my body that will possibly harm me even more.
    I try to put earbuds in for guide meditation but the pulsating ringing is so loud and distracting. 
    Thanks alot for your input!
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.