advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

Post Cervical Fusion C6-7 pain, MRI

kaylanakkaylana Posts: 2
edited 01/29/2016 - 10:01 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had cervical fusion on C6-7 four months ago for a herniated disc causing pain in left neck, shoulder, arm, pain and nerve pain in the hand & fingers. After about the 3rd month the pain started up again, so I just had a new MRI with Tesla 3 and the impression indicates:
At C-7, there is anterior fusion with 2 mm retrolisthesis and disc/osteophyte complex producing mild spinal stenosis and moderate left foraminal stenosis including displacement of the left C7 nerve root.
I was hoping my surgery would have corrected my problem, but am confused about this MRI impression. Does this mean that the fusion failed and I still have a problem? I'm not sure what the displacement of the left C7 nerve root means. Any idea?

No one on the Spine-Health patient forums is medically qualified to provide any advice or recommendations on any diagnostic test. However, the following key words can always be applied.
    MILD Treated with conservative measures such as Physical Therapy and mild medications. Many times these situations can be cleared up and the condition can be resolved.MODERATE Some more treatments may be needed, ie Spinal Injections, Ultra sound and stronger medications. Always a possibility of more aggressive treatment if the conservative measures don't helpSEVERE Need for stronger medications. The requirement for surgery may be necessaryLiz, Spine-health Moderator
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 2,382
    edited 07/26/2019 - 3:35 PM
    Please take the time to read this post and refer to it when you have questions.

I am sure that you will find your time on spine-health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and growing. Here are just some of the highlights that are available as tabs on the main spine-health menu bar:

Spine-health main menu tabs

conditions detailed medical libraries of articles and videos that address almost every spinal condition.
    treatment list of treatments to the conditions identified by spine-health.
    wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.
    blog
    pain forums these are the forums you will be using
    find a doctor this provides with a method to search for doctors in various locations.
    videos index to all spine-health videos

As a bonus, Veritas Health provides these forums. Here you can meet thousands of people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a support system. You are now part of this family that is approximately 100,000 international members and growing daily.

IMPORTANT

It is very important to understand the Code of Conduct to make sure your posts do not violate any of the rules.

All new members should read our FAQ in order to understand the layout of the forums, how to navigate through the forums, helpful terms, how to make effective threads and posts, plus a link index to many of the important medical forums and key medical articles on Spine-health Forum FAQ

Please remember to keep your forum posts brief, use proper grammar, and create a title for your post that helps other members understand your question right away. This will lead to faster responses and more helpful information.

You can also find Spine-health on these social networks:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/spinehealth
    Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/spinehealth/boards/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/spinehealth

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the private message to contact any one of the spine-health moderators.

Liz -Veritas Health Forum Moderator
Sign In or Join Us to comment.