advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Sitting

Hi everyone, 
My doctor's office is great and they answer questions when I call, but I still feel in the dark. I'm a former teacher, and I LIKE instructions. I got a one page that told me not to BLT, to walk, and a few other details about the sutures, not to drive, post op appt. My doctor told me to sit up straight and to walk with good posture. They didn't even really tell me to not sit for long periods... I just kind of gathered that and then asked what a long period was. I got twenty minutes. And in another convo.., move every hour.  So I'm trying to do that. 

I guess I'll call again Monday about sitting. I prop pillows up on my back, but I get tired sitting like that. I already had low back pain and this sitting up straight feels hard. I feel wound up like a rubber and. I feel the most comfortable lying down.  But I don't lie down a ton, just kind of an afternoon break...early evening...

Advice? 
advertisement

Comments

• dilauroddilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,664
    Sitting, Standing, etc for long periods of time can always be problematic for spinal patients.   What that period of time means is different from people to people

For some people 20 minutes is too long, for others, it may be 10 minutes an hour or more.

I know for myself, almost any positron that is over 40 minutes  can create problems for me.  Watching TV or going to the movie can be a chore for me..   Its been that way for over 30 years for me now.

• GingerellaGingerella New JerseyPosts: 15
    I can walk 7 to 10 minutes every hour or so . I started with only 5. 
    As for sitting, I have a lot of trouble sitting in chairs that don't have cushioning. I'm most comfortable in the recliner. 
    I had asked my Doc about the sitting in reg chairs , all he said was "well you have a bad back".
     I still don't know if that will ever get better. I will ask him about it again next visit  :)
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.