advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Muscle spasm sensation versus pain?

Someone asked me this today and I couldn't answer so yall help me out. When updating a friend on my status  (she has had 2 ACDF) and talking about how.much pain I sill have at 7.5wks, she asked if I might be having muscle spasms. All I know is that I hurt and if its muscles spasms ok but i just really dont know. so what do they feel like...do they clench and unclench? This is something you would think I knew but wading thru the morass of sensations begged me to ask the forum...
advertisement

Comments

• joowee40joowee40 Mississippi Posts: 304
    Oh and I had 2 level ACDF Dec 21st..forgot to say that. 
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,496
    Muscle spasms apparently can take several forms.  There are the kind where you can feel, and sometimes see, the muscle tighten and release.  Then there are the kind that feel like someone is stabbing you with a knife.

I am no expert, just know what I have experienced, but doctors told me that it was a muscle spasm.  They then prescribed a muscle relaxer, which help a lot.
  • advertisement
  • Does tingling and numbness accompany them?
  • joowee40joowee40 Mississippi Posts: 304
    I have tingling and numbness all the time so no measurement there.

Anyour else got an opinion?
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.