advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Does This make sense?

My l5s1 fusion surgery I had will be 2 weeks on Thursday. The nerve pain I was having on left side is gone and actually back incision feels decent. What I am experiencing now is horrific sciatica pain in right leg. Called doc office and nurse said it is because of having to move the muscles and nerves around during surgery and the nerves were aggrivated and now they are waking up and this should calm down and eventually go away. Called me in gabapentin to help with the pain which is 10x worse than the nerve pain i had prior to surgery that is gone now. I am going to be pretty angry if this pain is a result of the surgery and doesn't go away. Does this make sense and has anyone else experienced anything like this?
advertisement

Comments

• i had that for 1 month and it went away.
  • Oh thank you so much for those words of encouragement as it just woke me up at 3am with severe pain. Thank God for good drugs. 
  • advertisement
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,699

my l5s1 fusion surgery i had will be 2 weeks on thursday. the nerve pain i was having on left side is gone and actually back incision feels decent. what i am experiencing now is horrific sciatica pain in right leg. called doc office and nurse said it is because of having to move the muscles and nerves around during surgery and the nerves were aggrivated and now they are waking up and this should calm down and eventually go away. called me in gabapentin to help with the pain which is 10x worse than the nerve pain i had prior to surgery that is gone now. i am going to be pretty angry if this pain is a result of the surgery and doesn't go away. does this make sense and has anyone else experienced anything like this?

link to duplicate post 
    https://forum.veritashealth.com/discussion/89869/treatment/back-surgery-and-neck-surgery/does-make-sense#latest
    liz. spine-health moderator

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.