advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

surgery date feb.9.2016

I had a 3 level  4,5 5,6 6,7 cervical spine stenosis fusion  ant. . Post.   Very painful. On 4hrs pain meds  with breakthrough  every 2 as needed.  I was on steroids  iv in hospital  for extreme  swelling v pain  came home  and went bck toner for extreme  swelling  again is the steroid  going to cause issues with healing?  Any ideas abt pain management  ideas what worked for u ? I ice as well.

Liz
advertisement

Comments

• Nick.nyNNick.ny New York,NYPosts: 121
    Hi Liz
    I had ACDF 4/5/6/7 in 2011 as a result of a car accident. It failed! Never fused.In pain management since six weeks after the surgery,all kind of pain meds,trigger point and ES injections until last thanksgiving when my contrition worsened and the level above that got bad so January 6,I had anterior revision C 4/5/6/7(successful),my surgeon said this was the way to go so to clean bone spurs too,and fused the one above C 3/4 and didn't have to go Posterior too.i was prescribed steroid the third week and still taking it,Prednisone.I'm on hard/soft collar,Percocet 10-325 up to 8 per day the first two weeks,6 now,Diazepam(Valium) 5mg x 3, and Prednisone 20mg x 3. I general even though I do have problems,don't fool  yourself it's a major surgery and takes time, I think I'm doing way much better than I was expecting or my first one. Today is my six week appointment with my surgeon and hope to take out the collar. In January's surgical boddies we're four persons with ACDFs surgeries anywhere from six to two weeks post op,if you want to see how we're doing with the recoveries since the first day or anything else. Good luck.
    nick
    2011 ACDF C 4/5/6/7.
    2011 repaired sternum with fixation plate and 9 screws.
    4/2011,3/2012,11/2012 and 6/2013  Rotator cuff surgeries.  
    1/6/2016 revision ACDF C4/5/6/7, plus fusing the level above that C 3-4.
    Pending L5-S1.
  • HI I'm just about 3 weeks post op  acdf, pcdf fusion 4,5,5,6,6,7  I have had alot of bad days but the good days are now more the norm. 
    I was on steroids  decadron for 1 week for extreme  swelling  of throat ,pain has anyone had any issues with  fusion? 
    I now have thrush as well.
     Any suggestions  for safe recovery.  

Liz
  • advertisement
  • I am 9 weeks post  op  acdf pcdf, 4,5,6,7 fusion . Experiencing  alot of swelling for 3 days today the worst . Dr put me back on decadron.  Have any other  spiney  had this issue . I'm 9 wks should I still be having swelling?  Any similar  issues..or ideas welconed
    Liz
Sign In or Join Us to comment.