advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm so Miserable

Comments

• Hi Linda,  gabapentin isn't considered a steroid. Prednisone is an example of a steroid - they did two rounds of that from after surgery to help leg pain/inflammation, but it didn't help really.  I hope your sciatica goes away!  Mine went away and then recently came back....I am trying to get in to see my surgeon but having a hard time getting a call back.
  • I called doctor last night and he called in a medrol dose pack for the inflammation and i started last night and already i amngetting relief.  i feel like a new person and see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • advertisement
  • Thanks Kimmy. It is so nice not to be woken in the middle of the night in tears
  • dilauroddilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,813
    edited 02/22/2016 - 8:48 AM
    gabapentin(neurontin) is not a steroid.   it is the class of nerve  medication,  for the treatment of neuropathic pain.
    two weeks post surgery is a very short time after surgery.  recovery takes time.

read recovery the most important phase
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.