advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Massive CSF leak without headache

Hi! 43yo male here.. I have my complete life had weakness and atrophy in upper arms and shoulders. Needle EMG shows very little nerve activity.

MRI scans have shown that i have a massive CSF leak around T1-T2. They say its so massive that they have problems locating it because the dye leaks out too fast. I do not have any headaches, which is contraindicative to a massive CSF leak, but i could have developed an over production of CSF to compensate. I have had 3 lumbar punctures, with injection of contrast fluid. And always had headaches after those.

Isn't it strange that the CSF leaks from the lumbar puncture will give me headaches, but the "massive leak" at T1/T2 does not?
advertisement

Comments

Sign In or Join Us to comment.