advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Difficult subject: Members feel that there is no hope or future

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,989
this is a subject that comes up so very often.  people feel that they are the end of their rope.  they feel that their lives are basically finished and are very depressed.

i'd say about 99% of those are centered around their pain and attempts to manage it.    i think anyone who has been dealing with chronic pain for several years or more completely understand that pain medications are not the answer.  that can also apply to the various implants and stimulators.

nothing is going to eliminate the pain!   the only possible way to do that is to take some much pain medication that are a zombie and basically non-functional.   that would not be any way i would want to live.

over the years, you learn how to deal with your pain.   first understanding that it will be there, so how can you manage it?   after all, the pain is what makes you so depressed, what can deteriorate relationships, impact your jobs, reduce your physical involvement.

i found out that there was so much more involved in managing pain.   i put together a discussion about seven years ago called 
the blend      in there i talk about all the various modules we all have in managing our pain.  its not a checklist, but a concept that anyone could adapt to.   i started to combine eastern medicine concepts into my daily life.  its worth reading, only because it might show you different options to help you.

physical pain is one thing, we all can understand this, but there is much more , the emotional pain at times can be far greater.    last year with the help of one of  spine-healths writers, i put together a blog to talk about this.. chronic pain beyond the physical impact

i've been dealing with chronic spinal problems since 1978 with my first spinal surgery.   i live in pain every day, but i am still moving ahead.  i am happy and very positive.  while my pain can get in the way, there are so many beautiful tihngs i look forward to each and every day.
Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.