advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

Workers comp and Spinal Fusion

I have PLIF fusion at the L5-S1 level scheduled for March 31st.  This is a workers comp injury and so far to get a prescription for pain pills filled I have to drop off the prescription and wait 24 hours for the adjuster to authorize it.  Then I usually have to call the company that pays for the prescriptions and get them to call the pharmacy and tell them that the medication has been authorized.  My biggest fear right now is that I am going to get out of the hospital after surgery with a prescription for pain medication and have to go 24 hours after surgery for workers comp to approve the prescription.  Has anyone ever experienced this?  Am I just being paranoid?
advertisement

Comments

• hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 809

Andrea

Have the hospital give you your first weeks pain meds as part of your hospital stay.  I think this is pretty common practice with most hospitals/doctors.  Make sure you have help at home once you are released from the hospital.  Your upcoming surgery is a MAJOR surgery and the first week will be pretty rough.  Check this site for lists of things you will need before and after surgery... the lists are quite helpful.  You need to be prepared...  Good luck...

Sign In or Join Us to comment.