advertisement
advertisement

Back pain, heartburn and indigestion

ArtmuzzAArtmuzz ScotlandPosts: 12
edited 04/07/2016 - 2:35 AM in Upper Back Pain Forum
I have been suffering sciatica in my right leg for a couple of months but it's getting better. However, I am worried about another pain but this time it's in my upper middle back.

I had a Chinese take away and a beer a couple of days ago for my dinner which made me feel bloated and gave me gas, heartburn and indigestion. Anyway, the following morning I was belching with acid reflux and had heartburn so I took a walk down to the shops a couple of miles away to buy pills for my acid reflux and indigestion.

While I was in the shop with a shopping basket in one hand, I reached up to get some fruit when suddenly I felt pain in my middle to upper back. I was panacing and wondering if the indigestion and acid reflux could cause my back pain. The pain continued through out the day. The pain is a bit better now but I still feel a dull ache when getting out of bed or with some movement.

Is it possible that the acid reflux and indigestion I had caused this? Please advise.
advertisement

Comments

• MarWinMarWin OhioPosts: 659
    To me, it would make more sense the other way around....back pain further causing other symptoms. You might also be doing too much chest breathing, as opposed to diaphragm breathing. I've read the diaphragm helps keep acid in the stomach. 
  • What medications do you take. For me the pills set the acid refux off and being unable to sallow when lying down causes me to choke on it. Anti iflamitory are rough on your stomach coated or not. 1 pill made me cough up blood so they can be rough mixed with alcohol makes it worse
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.