advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L4/L5 NOT FUSING, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

2

Comments

  • Hi Erik,

    i had l4-5 fusion on 18th Feb 2015 and, like you, there is absolutely no evidence of fusion from spect ct, MRI and xray scans.
    Im 46, 6'3" 240Lb so weightier than you.
    I have facet joint inflammation at L3/4 and L5/S1 and also have unstable retrolistheses at L1/2 and L5/S1.
    i am on slow release morphine 20mg twice daily, 60mg codeine twice daily and 20mg immediate release morphine if I get breakthrough, which usually happens at night.

    my surgeon did L3/4 and L5/S1 facet injections on 23rd March which didn't work. He intends to try an L5/S1 intradiscal injection next to see if that helps with the pain. I'm seeing him on 18th May and will be asking him if Is it worth the wait / risk of waiting another 3 months before declaring failed fusion or is I better to redo the end plates and use autograft from my hip whilst the metalwork is still holding.

    My friend is an odp and works with ortho surgeons and they say that, if a first fusion doesn't work, they must try a different method in revision. 

    Will let let you know what he says,

    steve





    L5-S1 herniation. Both knee meniscus tear. L4-5 herniation - 2 x nerve block injections. L4-5 discectomy. L1-2 nerve block injection. L4-5 reherniation - TLIF fusion. 2016: L1-2 and L5-S1 retrolistheses and multiple facet joint degeneration.
  • ekegelmannekegelmann MichiganPosts: 13
    UPDATE STEVE?
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.