advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Numb hand

so I'm 3 weeks post op from L4-L5 fusion, and now my left hand, more specific my pinky and ring finger and somewhat the middle finger go numb. I dismissed it at first as maybe sleeping position or something, but it's persistent even as my ability to sleep in different positions increases. The numbness goes from finger tips to about/beyond my elbow. Is this normal?
advertisement

Comments

• i get this from sleeping - pretty sure it's positional and related to my bent elbows (i have to sleep flat on my back with arms on chest because of upper back) - it goes away pretty quickly if i change my arm position a bit.  (and pretty sure it's unrelated to my current neck issues)

-  as it is still persistent now you can change positions it might be worth checking with your dr... good luck!
  • Get a cervical MRI. Pinky is classic problem at C7/T1.
    C6-C7 ACDF - January 20, 2016
    Shoulder surgery - August 2, 2016
    Interlaminar laminotomy, mesial facetectomy and foraminotomy bilateral at C5-C6 and unilateral left at C6-C7 and bilateral C6-C7 facet fusion - December 7, 2016

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.