advertisement
advertisement

Myelogram Pain Management

CrombieCCrombie Shenandoah Valley, VirginiaPosts: 1
I am scheduled for a CT Myelogram Lumbar Spine next week.  I have read that they can be extremely  painful.  I have 5-325 Percocet on hand.  Is there any reason I cannot take a few of them BEFORE the appointment?  I also currently take 60 mg Cymbalta.  The purpose of this test is because I have foot drop and leg numbness as a result of lumbar fusion on 03/03/16.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 4,299
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    hello crombie !
    Welcome to Veritas Health Forumplease click on link for helpful information!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 4,299
    Hello....
    While you are waiting for members to respond with shared experiences, it may benefit you to use search on this site, upper right on page.
    Typing any of your concerns, ex..CT Myelogram....you may be led to current or older discussions.
    You may be led to the medical side with articles and videos. The video library is huge!

Just reminder, there are no medical professionals on discussion side.
    Re medicating yourself with  Percocet prior to procedure, it is best to discuss with doctor. As he knows all your issues
    and how the medications will react...and also if okay to take your cymbalta.

• advertisement
  • For mine, I didn't take any meds before but was given them by the hospital afterwards. I had to stay at the hospital for a couple hours and then was discharged home. 
  • You should not take any medications before the myelogram unless you are specifically told to.
    Myelograms are a bit uncomfortable, but as long as you follow the instructions given to you, everything will be fine.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.