advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What am I going to do tomorrow?

dilauroddilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,303
We all have our ups and downs, pains and discomforts.   But we also have our personal lives, forget the spinal condition for a bit.    

Just what are some of the things you are looking forward to doing ?  Tomorrow?, The Next day?  Next week?

advertisement

Comments

• dilauroddilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,303
    I have a number of passions that keep me busy, especially during the summer months

Boating.  Nothing is better than sitting on my pontoon boat in the middle of the lake just drifting
    Landscaping.  I love my yard, though because of surgeries, the past two years, all the work has been done by my wife
    Gatherings.  Getting together with friends , especially at the last minute

One of the best treats my wife gives me (since I still can not drive) is take us over to a landscape yard that combines the normal shrubs,plants,trees, herbs with odd pieces of stone, iron, very decorative.   We can spend hours just looking around.

How about you?

• SooveritSooverit Finger Lakes region of NYPosts: 459
    My medication situation is stable after a period of instability, so I'm looking forward to a weekend of not thinking about and worrying about it! Knowing I don't have to hang out on the couch! 

Saturdays are always exciting because my husband is home for the weekend and we get him all to ourselves :) we all pile up in the bed (me, hubby, and 2 year old) and snuggle and goof off...seeing who can make the best "toot" noise (with our mouths not our bottoms, lol), making a tent with the blankets, tickling, etc. It is glorious! 

Maybe we will get out for a walk in the forest. That would be great.

How about you? 
  • advertisement
  • Tomorrow is my oldest daughter's 18th birthday then she graduates High School June 4th.  My other three are super excited for summer. The last day of school for them is June 2nd.  I can't wait for a day at the beach!!
    *Spinal arthritis         *DDD       *cervical steroid injections (2016)
    *degenerated disks w/pinched nerve C5/C6 & C6/C7(needs surgery) 
    *worst herniations T7/T8 & L3/L4
    *(2013) Facet injections twice 
    *(2013) Facet denervations
  • SooveritSooverit Finger Lakes region of NYPosts: 459
    I second a beach day. That sounds fabulous right now. Warm sun on my skin, light ocean breeze, sound of waves crashing and kids playing...no shoes...slow moving...crossword puzzles and trashy magazines. Big spread of yummy food in the evening... cold beer...

Lol...I'm already there :)
  • Just finished buying my first pro lens.

7O-200L F 2.8

Its a beast..

So..off to the beach I go to hopefully catch some surfers doing what they do...

More likely though I'll go to my buddys house and and play video games...

I need a vacation.

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• advertisement
  • Everyone says I look younger than my age.  I had my first child when I was 20 after a very active and athletic youth.  

I grew up in a tiny town 20 minutes from the Texas coast.  If you travel I-10 between Beaumont and Houston, it's the one with the Beach exit signs.

My grandparents had a beach house big enough for all Aunts, Uncles, cousins(there are a lot of us).  Many weekends, holidays, and Summer's were spent there.  
  • Ahhh all this talk of holidays and sea breezes has brought back memories ... and ones I want to revisit at some point.

My weekend started yesterday as my partner has a weekend commitment of a military form. We had a catch up when he got home, a nice meal and a bottle of bubbles. My social time this weekend will be via the telephone to some family members down south that I can't travel to see. There will be much laughter and silliness

I went to a garden centre the other day Dilauro, one of my passions to feed my mind. I took a friend for coffee that I met at Hydrotherapy, so good can come out of bad experiences :-)

I had weekend visit to a National Trust property earlier this month, so a bit of history, landscape gardens to admire AND cream tea. It turned out to be 8 miles from home and I always thought it was a lot further away and unmanageable for distance/pain etc. I need to learn more of the geographics of this area!
    AJ
    AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • Thanks Kimmy72, yes one of my dream days I can manage at the moment.  i hope to progress onto other member's dream days - the beach, sea breezes, sand between my toes and the healing sun.  I will get there.

be careful with the bins and enjoy the mind erasers :-)
    AJ
    AJGormit

L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
  • ha ha Kimmy72 I run up the stairs and dance madly to loud uplifting music in my fantasy.  I just do a form of dancing laying down now, listening to music and it does make me laugh.  We have to adapt and embrace the changes and not let the pain get in the way of fun!
    AJGormit

• So, it was my daughters 18th bday yesterday.  She finally found a prom dress and shoes she loved enough to purchase. And With only eight days left.  That is a miracle all its own. Hurray!!

Our family had a lovely dinner out with my parents and a beloved cousin which ended with birthday cake and song.  Couldn't have been better!

Next week brings an end of the year spring band concert. My 13yo plays clarinet in JH honor band.  Field day and end of the year awards at the elementary for my two little boys. Then prom for the eldest next weekend.  

I'm so glad the school year is coming to an end.  Summertime is much less stressful.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.