advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Who has been there for you?

dilauroddilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,813
Everyone that knows me understands that I feel that the person helping us, our caretaker many times has a more difficult role then we do.   They may not experience the physical pain we do, but they experience much more than pain.
  •  They are the ones that look after us.
  •  Pick us up when we fall
  •  Making sure that we have the different things to make us more comfortable.
  •  They are the ones that sacrifice many of their own wants to make sure we are being taking care of
I could go on and on, because I think their list is endless.

So, WHO IS it in YOUR LIFE that has been your SOLID ROCK

advertisement

Comments

• SooveritSooverit Finger Lakes region of NYPosts: 459
    My husband has SO been there for me. He must love me a whole lot to put up with all this mess, lol! Seriously, though, I would be so lost without him. He takes on much more than his share of house work and caring for our son- often while I'm lying on the couch. He accepts major loss of intimacy. He listens to my venting, pampers me, goes to my appts with me, calls my doctors for me, picks up my meds, has had to put off doing the things we love (hiking, camping, etc.), etc. And his does it all without complaint. Always with love and warmth.

I hope I get better soon and get a chance to repay the kindness and sacrifice. 
  • Wow sooverit! He is a true gem! You are truly blessed to have that!
    My support comes in many forms. My emotional support is mostly my church family,brothers, & this forum. I have a lot of help from my children (who are just sweet little cookies),my husband, and church family. My husband grows frustrated with me talking about what's going on with my pain & I think it comes down to his inability to "fix" things. 

I've had strangers come up to me & offer help when they witness me walking with great difficulty. That's a bit embarrassing but also very touching. 
  • advertisement
  • My Spine-Health support
    No one else here round home
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• The forum is brilliant William and I have found huge support and information here as well.

During my first surgery I was living on my own with my son, who did support and love me but had to be asked everytime I needed anything, which was extremely difficult when I felt so useless anyway.  He has helped me achieve things during my recovery from my second surgery, which I could not have completed without him, so I guess different people can offer varying support.

I am now supported by my Fiance, who proposed to me the week before my second surgery, so I guess that really showed me I wasn't a huge burden, but somebody he wanted around for a long time!

I also have my daughter who seems to know just what I want or need, sometimes before I know myself :smiley:" alt=":smiley:" height="20" /> , so I am very blessed.  She even dressed my wound after surgery among many other things lots of daughters would not do for their mothers, I have been told by friends, so I fully appreciate her love and support.

This site has help me feel less isolated, which may sound strange when I have such brilliant support from people around me, but I think a lot of people will relate to that comment and know exactly what I mean

Thank you Spine-Health
    AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • Good one Ron makes a person think.
    I thought a lot about this and so many people played a roll in supporting me some did not that I thought would which in some ways I blame myself too independent. 
    Of course my immediate family but not to the level I would have hoped for.
    There are several people here that I won't name don't want to embrass them but it is true I would not have survived this past two or so years without those who reached out, tolerated, guided, supported and cared for me. I only pray they know who they are and in some ways others would find that hard to believe that a internet person who you have never met can do so much for you.
    Then of course God who I am building my relationship with.
    Sherri

• advertisement
  • ellozeelloz Posts: 21
    edited 05/26/2016 - 11:45 AM
    My partner was there during the initial injury, surgery and all of that I don't know how I would have done it without him, I told him more than once how much it meant to me, my sisters were his backup.
    Now he has gone it's just me and one of my sisters has moved overseas, I can do most stuff by myself now, I'm learning my way around the stuff that is hard for me and my brother in law comes and does the heavy stuff for me. Without my brother in law I would be well and truly stuck, there are just some things that are heavy or hard that have to be done, without him I would literally have to go begging around my apartment block when I need to get into my garage, the door is broken and so heavy I can't lift it by myself.
    -Loz-
    Kimmy- I joke with my husband that I must have used up all my good luck when I married him :) I shouldn't say that. Aside from this junk, I have a blessed life. And I know there is something very valuable I will gain from this experience. Lol...but I ain't there yet!

Imagine experiencing this with no support. When I worked as a disability advocate, I had many clients who had no support. I wish I had known then what I know now...

Anyhow, hooray for the good people and critters who have our back through this ;)

• I would not have been able to get through this without the help of my parents, particularly my dad.  I moved back in with my parents at 34 for what I thought would be 2 weeks after my fusion last November.  6.5 months later, I am still here, and finally giving up my apartment. I face a second surgery in 4 weeks.  My dad has come to every doctor appointment, taken me anywhere I need to go, and given me so much support.  I lucked out in the parent department - to have such caring parents that have become my friends as I got older.  My dad and I are also business partners, so he has held down the fort at work when I have not been able to.  He has been so patient with me and my ongoing struggles the last several months.  I feel so guilty that I cannot contribute to our business like I should be, as we just went out on our own last summer.  My dad continues to encourage me and tells me not to feel any guilt, but to focus on getting back to a better quality of life.  

I also of course appreciate this forum and those on it!
    Duckgirl, 

Salute to your pops! 

Is it not so incredible to behold the goodness and love in others? 

So glad you have him :)
  • Thank you, Sooverit!  He is great:) It sounds like you and Kimmy have amazing husbands - I am glad you both have so much love & support!
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.