advertisement
advertisement

Supplements/vitamins

Hello!

New member here, long story short: after breaking my foot, I developed back problems. After an MRI, I became aware of my DDD and multiple (5) lumbar herniations. I am taking multiple steps to manage the best I can with what is going on. 

I have three young children, so I want to be as healthy and as active as I can be. I want to be very involved in their lives and activities. I cannot let this thing stop me from being their dad, staying healthy, and meeting those goals.

I am wondering what supplements you take to help manage inflammation and pain, and help promote the healing process.

Based on my research, I have decided on and have just started taking:
Tumeric Curcumin
UC-II collagen
Omega 3 fish oil
Multi-vitamins

Having just started this, and still taking my pain meds for a recent flare-up, it is too soon to report any benefits. But, it is my intention to report back to this thread with any noticeable improvements. 

Please, comment away with what you take, and what, if any - noticeable effects they have had. 

Thanks in advance for sharing your stories and information. 

advertisement

Comments

• LarnersourLLarnersour Los Angeles, CAPosts: 52
    I started taking 2 years ago when i felt very bad and it really helped me to get more powerful and also a lot of benefits that facilitates your general condition.  Not so long ago i decided to add to my vitamin supplements some minerals like potassium and magnesium my doc recommended 
  • LizLiz Posts: 2,444
    To all members

Warning: Before you try any supplement, herb, over the counter item, exercise program, mechanical aid, brace, etc always consult with your doctor to make sure you get their approval. Some of these products may be very effective, but no two individuals or medical conditions are alike. What works for one, may cause trouble for another..
  • advertisement
  • Recently, I started taking astaxanthin, which is a powerful anti-oxidant.  I feel that this, in combination with the turmeric, omega 3, collagen, and multi-vitamins, is helpful.  I am still exercising religiously...3-4 miles a day walking, along with my PT plan for core and resistance tubes for upper body.  I have been seeing a chiropractor as needed.  At this point, I am essentially "pain-free."  If I go a day or two without exercising, I can feel things starting to "tighten-up." 
  • I have been taking Tumeric supplements , magnesium , multi vit , omega 3 and just started on collagen.
    Recently I have been starting to have a lot of blurred vision and zoning out! trying to work out if any of these supplements are interacting with each other? 
    So today I took one magnesium citrate supplement 100mg this morning and a multi vit which still gave me a little blurred vision then this afternoon I took 3000mg of collagen and seemed fine for a hour! Then I made turmeric paste and made a tea out of it! I had a little nap and when I woke up the blurred vision was a lot more in tense so I'm coming to the conclusion that turmeric might be giving me these side affects! 
    Anyone else had problems with turmeric or is the collagen interacting with it? 
    I'm booked  in to have bloods tomorrow so that will hopefully shed a light on things! 
    Many advice would be appreciative because I researched how good turmeric is! Or is there any other anti inflammatory that gives the same results thanks!  
  • polipppolip Posts: 7
    edited 01/17/2017 - 1:57 PM
    For me lipovon is very good product. For 4 weeks I lost 7 kilograms. This is very good result for me! 

Warning: Before you try any supplement, herb, over the counter item, exercise program, mechanical aid, brace, etc always consult with your doctor to make sure you get their approval. Some of these products may be very effective, but no two individuals or medical conditions are alike. What works for one, may cause trouble for another.. Liz, Spine-Health System Moderator
  • advertisement
  • I had heart surgery so everything I take is cleared by my heart doctor. Fish oil and a multi-vitamin and also a joint supplement are all I take plus my prescriptions.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.