advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Cymbalta caused gut pain and Lyrica does nothing, anyone relate? 27m

I am waiting to see the doctor again in two weeks. Was on opiates for 1 and 1/2 years following a failed discectomy. I stopped because I didnt want to start an uphill battle. Then I was given cymbalta, which actually worked well for the back/nerve pain/ and my arthritis but it started to cause terrible gut pain after a month. I am on lyrica now, 2 months later at 100mg I am unable to tell if it works, so clearly its not doing a good enough job.

My question really is to know if anyone has been in this position and would like to share what they did from here? Pain sucks.
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,699
    hello psychomantis

please use this link for helpful information

welcome to spine-health

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • smartens162smartens162 Manitoba, CanadaPosts: 448
    I waited 9 months for surgery when I ruptured L5-S1, lived with excruciating pain 24/7.  Muscle relaxant 'baclofen' for the muscle spasms worked well for me.  Nothing could touch the pain tho.  Morphine would knock me out, but I hated to be on it and then I would go through withdrawal every time I tried to do without it for a while.  For the nerve pain, I was finally prescribed 'gabapentin' which is related to Lyrica and Cymbalta, and it gave me some minor numbing of the pain.  It also numbed me from feeling much of anything else, but it served it's purpose for a time.  It was difficult coming off of it - depression.  I don't regret using it for that time that I needed to, but one should know the side effects and the withdrawal issues.  I wish you all the best
  • advertisement
  • I'm having a similar problem. I have severe nerve damage gabapentin didn't work.  I have major inflammatory issues, n, I have tried every NSAID at all strenghths without relief. I have severe muscle spasms with big hard knots and have had no relief whatsoever, once again, I have taken every drug out there at every dose.I thought I was the only one out there who meds simply don't help. I wish I had some answers. This also happens with antidepressants. I can get just a small amount of relief.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.