advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L3-L5 PLFusion - 24 yo male - pars defect/fracture - surgery?

I have been living with extreme pain as you all are - for 18 mos since my injury - a fracture of L3L4 pars.  Due to insurance issues, i am being forced to choose an inadequate settlement or have fusion surgery.  I am worried about lifelong issues after a double fusion, but at this point cannot work, sleep etc.

I would love to hear anyone that has had this surgery - did you get relief?  If so, how long?  Does it relieve the pain?  Because I don't care about the fracture, i just want the pain to stop so i can go on w my life. The surgery scares me, i don't feel like it will help in the long run.
advertisement

Comments

• 26 year old male here. No answers for you but basically in the same position as you. L5-S1 bilateral pars defect, grade 2 unstable spondylolisthesis.

Looking at L4 L5 S1 fusion on the 22nd of august.

Im having the same feelings/questions as you are. Looking forward to hearing some responses.

• I am glad to hear of a positive experience.  I feel like i have about a 50% chance for relief and am afraid due to the permanence of the surgery there will be no going back.  I have tried chiropractic for about 6 mos with minimal results.  The chiro begged me not to do surgery even if i never saw him again.  He said with my age there will be lifelong negative repercussions.
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.