advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

Hello from active girl in Texas, just had ALIF 11 days ago

hello folks, 

i thankful i found this site.   i didn't think there was any place like this on the web (found this 5 days ago),  so i started a blog after my surgery, so others can learn from my post op experience.
https://myspinalfusionjourney.blogspot.com/?m=1

i am 11 days post op  from minimally invasive anterior fusion at level l5-s1. i have been dealing with sciatic pain randomly for years shutting down into my glute. i was usually able to rectify it by going to the chiropractor for a few months.  but last year i herniated my l5-s1 during a workout at the  gym.  after  4 month's  of pain finally went to a pain dr.  my pain immediately went away.  i was so thankful!  took it really easy at the gym and at crossfit for 5-6 months but then reherniated it bad during a heavy pr lift.  didn't realize it till a couple days later i hurt myself.  i should have backed off from my workouts but i didn't.  so for over a month i worked out through the pain and now this time the pain meds didn't help.  went through series of injections, nothing helped.  i finally had to go on medical leave from work because the pain became so bad. 

i was super athletic and fit before my surgery.  my heart is in road cycling,  crossfit and triathlons (from time to time).  my dream is to get back to it after my healing.  i will never lift super heavy again,  and there is many lifts i will so never do again at all,  even though my surgeon said i can crossfit again with modifications.  i do not ever want to have to go through this surgery ever again.  i've been through some tough stuff in my life but this has truly been one of the hardest.  especially with still having so many questions about my future.  

i'm very independent so this recovery is even more frustrating.  i hate asking for help.  but each day has been getting better and i am so so thankful for that!! 

thanks for letting me join this great forum! 

advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,188
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    hello jaded082 !
    Welcome to Veritas Health Forum
    please click on link for helpful information!
  • Jaded082Jaded082 Dallas, TxPosts: 7
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM

thanks! 

savage said:

hello jaded082 !
    Welcome to Veritas Health Forum
    please click on link for helpful information!

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.