advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

New member.. Recovering from multi-level ACDF

Looks like a great forum to gain better understanding and information. 2 months ago, underwent ACDF at C3-4, C4-5, C5-6. The Surgeon also removed and replaced the plate from another ACDF at C-6-7, performed a year prior by a different surgeon. I assume this is called a 4 level fusion. Is that correct? Also, my neck pain has improved, but I have developed a new symptom since the surgery. I now am experiencing tingling and numbness on a large portion of my left shoulder, both front and back. Also occurs in the upper left arm down to the elbow. The tingling/ numbness comes and goes numerous times each hour. It lasts a few minutes, then goes away, then comes back...........
Anyone know what might be causing this? Also, my cervical ROM continues to be 10-15 degrees, right to left, up and down. May be even more limited after surgery. I had been in PT for 6 months prior to surgery, experiencing severe ROM and constant pain, and excruciating flare-ups. Any opinions? I am a 63 year old male forced to retire on LTD from a 36 yr career from a major Pharma/ Medical Device corporation. Driving several thousand miles per month, many overnights, flying, wear and tear, etc. has been major contributer my condition. My apologies if I have covered to many details in this one post!
advertisement

Comments

Sign In or Join Us to comment.