advertisement
advertisement

L 3-4 Decompression and intradural extra medullary mass resectional

Hi all, I'm scheduled for surgery day after tomorrow. I have posted twice in last couple weeks, so some of this is a repeat. MRI showed an intradural mass at L3 level most compatible with myxopapillary ependymoma. The surgery I'm having was described as L 3-4 decompression and intradural extramedullary mass resectional and possible cord deterthering. I hope to find someone else who has had the same or similar surgery as I'm curious about the recovery time and experience in general. I will be in hospital for 2 nights then ordered to take it easy for about a week. After that I can't do any heavy lifting for 6-8 weeks. 
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 4,299
    Hi Lizzy....
    Just thought I'd mention couple posts you may find interesting, if you've not yet read.
    Post op Must Haves......and ..Recovery the Most Important Phase.

I wish you very best with your surgery and a smooth recovery!
  • Lizzy09LLizzy09 Hattiesburg Posts: 33

Lizzy09 said:
    Hi all, I'm scheduled for surgery day after tomorrow. I have posted twice in last couple weeks, so some of this is a repeat. MRI showed an intradural mass at L3 level most compatible with myxopapillary ependymoma. The surgery I'm having was described as L 3-4 decompression and intradural extramedullary mass resectional and possible cord deterthering. I hope to find someone else who has had the same or similar surgery as I'm curious about the recovery time and experience in general. I will be in hospital for 2 nights then ordered to take it easy for about a week. After that I can't do any heavy lifting for 6-8 weeks. 
  • advertisement
  • Lizzy09LLizzy09 Hattiesburg Posts: 33
    Thanks. Very helpful!
Sign In or Join Us to comment.