advertisement
advertisement

Herniated disk back post 6 weeks Microdiscectomy sure her

hi 
just came back from Om my MRI that showed my herniated disk is back post microdiscectomy herniated disc surgery L4 and L5 !! Post surgery and when I opened my eyes after surgery I had pain in my right leg was given steroids for when I was in the hospital then was given two packs when I got discharged non of which helped this Monday 6 weeks after surgery unbearable pressure is back in my lower back hips and pain in my right leg as similar to the one before surgery ! Called the doctor said lets do another MRI which I did today assuming it was scar tissue it turned to be herniated disk is back. My appointment is tomorrow with the neurosurgeon --
my question : 
What are my options ? 
How far between surgeries ?? 
Many feedback will be appreciated 
thank you 
TAL 
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 4,299
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    hello talnas !
    Welcome to Veritas Health Forumplease click on link for helpful information!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 4,299
    Hello....
    If you click on FAQs, on right side of page, under Medical Information, you will find some information about preparing for doctors visit..which may be helpful to you.
    I think one post helps you with questions you may want to ask.

Please keep us posted with what doctor had to say to you!
  • advertisement
  • smartens162smartens162 Manitoba, CanadaPosts: 361
    I heard something interesting in a recent consult for ADR (I've re-herniated L5-S1 after discectomy).  They can't really get at the disc material (through the back, posterior) well enough to remove it all unless they do considerable damage to surrounding tissue and bone.  With the anterior approach ADR, they can remove all of the disc, with the least amount of disruption to the actual nerves it is affecting.  I am believing more and more that the discectomy in the lower lumbar region is only a temporary solution, if that.  
Sign In or Join Us to comment.