advertisement
advertisement

2nd Opinion

I had MD on L5-S1 on May 13th. I developed a hematoma on or about June 10th. Went to the ER and they did an MRI on me. Showed a hematoma 17mm x 42mm. Doc told me it was too small to go after and drain. Everywhere I have read, drainage is the immediate treatment. Doc told me the body will absorb it within 12 weeks. Always does. I am going to have a 2nd opinion tomorrow morning to see if this is normal or if there is another course of treatment I can do. 

I have started PT last week and I started notice some progress. I have started to walk on a treadmill and do wall sits as well as other stretching and core strengthening exercises. 

I actually walked 10 minutes on the treadmill the other day and felt so good that I got off the treadmill, bypassed the walker I am on and continued to walk around my basement for a little but of time. I felt great for a period of time. The last 2 days have been harder than that day. 

I am hoping that the 2nd opinion is a little more favorable and can answer more questions about the hematoma, my inability to walk and are they related? There are a lot of questions I have to ask him so I am ready, I hope he is. 

I will update tomorrow when I get done with the Doc. 

The worst part of all this is that the mind likes to wander when there is no signs or continuous signs of improvement. Depression and frustration are the worst enemy and I have fallen victim to them more than once. It seems as though there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Its hard to stay positive when the positivism is drained from your soul as you take on all the stress that is the ghost recovery we all feel.

Ghost recovery is something I use to describe how a Doc deals with your recovery questions with just a sheet of paper of to do's and to don'ts and doesn't call to see how you're doing etc. He is a mere ghost after the surgery.  
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.