advertisement
advertisement

Rehernation

What are some of the symptoms of a re herniation ? I'm a little over 2 weeks post and my low back hurts some near my incision . I think I may have over did it a little on Sunday . HELP !! I'm concerned !!!!!!
advertisement

Comments

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 754
    Hi netty
    I am almost 6 weeks post op and get some soreness/pain when I overdo things. I don't have any experience with reherniation (knocks on wood). You are only 2 weeks out so this might be expected. Have you called your doctor? If the pain subsides you may be ok. If not, I would call.  
  • netty74nnetty74 South carolinaPosts: 17
    Hey guys ! I sent a message describing what I was feeling to my doctor . Told him I did LOTS of walking in Sunday and he seems to think I over did it and the symptoms I was feeling were normal . I have been resting and I took a Valium on Monday and a half in Tuesday . I haven't taken any pain meds until today , my doctor cleared me to go back to work today when I saw him last week . I worked for about 5 hours . ( I'm a vet tech , however I will be working the front desk for a few months ) . I have a great boss who has be extremely accommodating and very understanding ! I feel much better today and I also feel better that I have spoken with my doctor ! Thanks for your help !!
  • advertisement
    Hello ! I'm a little over 3 and 1/2 weeks post and I have been doing good up until today . I have been working and sitting at the phone desk , but I get up frequently and walk around . I fell asleep in the couch last night ( with a pillow in between my legs ) today I have a slight burning sensation running in the side of my left leg . L5/S1 micro d . Any ideas ?? I'm wondering if I have been walking too much or it's the side effects from sleeping in the couch . Any ideas ??? Thanks for your help !
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,340
    netty

During recovery it is common to have symptoms come and go - and also very frustrating and worrisome.  You know your body and the symptoms best - so anytime that you have serious concerns don't hesitate to contact your surgeons office like you did last week.

By the way, "over" 3 1/2 weeks post op is still very new to post op.  Heck, I am 9 months and just last week did something to bring back some symptoms for the weekend - but they have disappeared again.

Hang in there, it gets better but slowly.
    Thanks Bruce ! I'm trying to be patient , it's tough . I freak out about everything I feel . It's concerning because after surgery the sciatica was completely gone . Thanks for your help , it has put my mind at ease 
  • advertisement
    Hey guys I spoke to my doctor about the burning sensation I was feeling and he said its part of the healing process and it sounds like everything is normal ! Whew !!! Thank goodness 
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.