advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

I cant use my right hand or fingers anymore, thumb and fingers have lost feeling and strength

Hi I was reading some of the posts about people losing their abilities with hands and fingers, I have lost mine in my right hand
.  I was wondering how some of these fates worked out for some of you, i seemed to lose mine in a day, I got bit by a spider that morning and thought well this is temporary but it never returned, I cant even work on things with my right hand, it makes me feel as though I am trapped in this body like it is a disease in my hand or something, I try to exercise it but it makes me feel as though it is wearing my whole body out just to move my fingers.  Dont mean to pry, but was just wondering on the advice and how some of your surgeries worked out , wondered if you could ever use your fingers and thumb again, cant even hardly crank the car, or wash dishes, makes my hand want to seize up shut, getting harder to pull them back open also, seems to be less strength pulling open than closing, but my thumb is backwards it is easier to lift out but just caves and folds at the joint if you try to use it. Cant even carry some things over a pound or two because of the position my thumb and fingers would normally be in, arm is also feeling it, but I think its sore from just trying to strain to use my fingers again, just wondering, and thank you for any future advice, and I hope things work out for you
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,212
    hello tomhop!
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

Sign In or Join Us to comment.