advertisement
advertisement

Just had cervical RFA on my right side of neck 3 weeks ago; and same thing on my left side last week

I am checking to see if anyone has had good results with this procedure and how long did it take for you to see results?  Thank you!

advertisement

Comments

• Hi redbud,how was your procedure? Have you had any pain or discomfort? I'm going to have one soon. I'd love to hear more about yours. Thanks!
  • redbud64rredbud64 CaliforniaPosts: 29
    Hi joyful, Still have pain on the right side, which was the first one, but the left side is just a week today. I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be a disc! I'll keep you posted tho'. When is your RFA? And what kind of pain are you having?
  • advertisement
  • They will be calling me to set one up. I'm nervous about it. I am moving this month & have my daughter's birthday right in the middle of it so I don't want to be in more pain. So you're still sore after 3 weeks? How did the procedure itself go? Did you feel pain throughout it? 
    I have pain in my neck,arms,fingers,ears,head. It worries me that he will do it & it'll either get worse or not help. What are your symptoms? 
  • redbud64rredbud64 CaliforniaPosts: 29
    Chronic neck pain on both sides, before they did nerve blocks a couple of months ago, I had pain going down my arms and into my palms, numbness in tips of fingers. Could not sleep. Some of that has gone away, that's why he did the RFA's. Procedure was fairly easy compared to the injections and blocks I had leading up to this.
  • Hi, I have had this procedure and it was pure relief.  I have degenerative discs and wound up having a double cervical fusion in 2009.  My neck has never been right since and now have issues above and below the fused area.  In 2014, I had the radio frequency ablation.  One side in October and the other side in November.  It took a few months for it to kick in for me.  But in January I realized I had a kick in my step I hadn't had in years and it dawned on me that I was totally pain free.  I don't know if it gradually got to that point or was overnight, but it totally worked and I had 100% relief for about a year.  I was on here looking around again as I just had the first of two today and saw your post.  Hang tight cause it may take several weeks or a few months.  My procedure today was really painful, but I know this worked before so I have confidence it will again.  I hope you get that kick in your step again too.  Good luck and hang tight!
  • advertisement
  • Glad it worked for you. Hope it works your second time around. Getting ready to have an RFA. I've had ESI and 2 MBB's to prep for RFA. Did you have sedation for RFA? I didn't have any sedation for 3 procedures but doc said I would need sedation for RFA. What did you do for pain after RFA? Does ice help?
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 4,299
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    hello nan67 !
    Welcome to Veritas Health Forumplease click on link for helpful information!
  • Hi, I did not have any sedation and I wish I had.  But you have to be somewhat awake to help them with the needle placement.  They want to make sure it is placed correctly on the nerve, and only you know that based on the sensation.  Ice packs definitely.  Off and on about 20 minutes that day.  I'm usually a heating pad kind of gal, and in this case, the ice felt great.  Good luck to you!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 4,299
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    hello patty2255 !
    Welcome to Veritas Health Forumplease click on link for helpful information!
  • Responding to Patty 2255- thanks for your reply. Had 1st rfa today.I did have sedation. They told me it was light but I don't remember a thing. Pain is about 7 now. Lots of pressure at sight of procedure and numb kind of like MBB. Icing like crazy. We'll see....Hope you are well.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.