advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Chronic, Undiagnosed Neck/Shoulder Muscle Pain, Tension Headaches

2

Comments

  • Hi mae! I'm hoping they get your MRI done soon. I've been dealing with neck issues & after my last epidural I still had pain. Then started the tension headaches & tightness in neck. If you straight at me you can see the whole left side is swollen.
    My doctor is doing a nerve block & if that works a nerve ablation. He believes my pain & issues are caused by the facet joints. I have arthritis in mine & they are swollen. 
    Once you get the imaging they should be able to map out what can be done to help you. Just hang tight,it should be soon! 
  • maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 320
    Thanks joyful_in_sorrows! I am hoping to hear back from my insurance company as to the status of my appeal and hopefully they will approve the MRI and I can get it done soon. I am thinking that it is some sort of facet issue or possibly arthritis. Then we can actually figure out how to fix the issue so that I can get some relief! I will keep you all posted.
  • advertisement
  • maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 320
    So, unfortunately, my insurance company denied my appeal for my Dr.s request for an MRI stating that I do not meet the criteria for a neck MRI based on their Medical Policy Adult Head Imaging Policy. I will be starting physical therapy tomorrow after all. Now I am going to have to wait weeks to show that physical therapy does not help and hope that they will then approve the MRI!
  • I suggest that you appeal this to the states board that oversee the insurance companies. If your doctor is saying you need one you should get it. I'm so sorry you have all this hiccups to deal with. Just keep your head up,it'll eventually work out.
  • maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 320
    Thanks! Yeah, I don't know whether to fight it or just suffer through the physical therapy in the hopes that they will approve the MRI after physical therapy proves to be ineffective. I want answers now, not weeks or months from now!
  • advertisement
  • Very valid points there. Do you just go with the process & endure or do you fight it which could still delay it? Maybe do both? That way you have a better chance of getting it if the still say you need to exhaust all avenues. 
  • maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 320
    Yeah I am thinking that I will appeal again and call my Neurologist to help with the appeal and in the meantime start physical therapy so that I don't appear noncompliant.
  • maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 320
    I don't know why my doctor's office and I received conflicting information but I just got a call from the Neurologist and the neck MRI has been approved! Yay! Hopefully I will get some answers now!
  • That's great news! Congrats! Make sure to come back & tell us what they find! Good luck! 
  • maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 320
    So I just spoke to the Neurologist. I have a herniation at C5-C6. Does anyone have experience with this? I have a follow up with my PCP next week, I am just not sure where to go from here....
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.