advertisement
advertisement

Any police officers on here that can give me some advise.

Hello. I am 37 years old and a police officer (narcotics detective). I have already had an acdf 2 levels multiple injections in all levels of my spine 2 ryzotomies and numerous rounds of physical therapy. I am going to possibly need a second surgery on my neck in the near future both my surgeon, physical therapist   And pain management doc are telling me I should begin to seriously think about medically retiring.  Has anyone made it back to active duty after multiple surgeries and can anyone share there own story. 

Thank you and God bless. 
advertisement

Comments

• What a drag! You are so young. If you retire, is there any other type of law enforcement that interests you? Something with less…action?
  • GrumpGGrump Maryland Posts: 33
    Hi Jahn, 
    I'm in the law enforcement arena.   Mine started with C3/C4,  C5/C6,  C7/T1 and L3, 4, 5.  I am a tad older then you (54) but I was able to work with no issues until August 2015.  My neck issues started in 2004. I am currently on LTD and have been layed off due to my neck issues and being out for over the FMLA year.  

Hope this helps.   Please let me know if I can provide more info for you. 

Get well brother. 

Rick
  • advertisement
  • LarnersourLLarnersour Los Angeles, CAPosts: 52
    Gotta say that I'm so proud that there are people among us like you OP. who are in such a service (dangerous service) when you're in such pains and such conditions. Sorry I can't help you with anything like that, but I just wanted to say that I really hope that you're going to be all fine!
Sign In or Join Us to comment.