advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Daddy's tail removal

Here's a quick story that gave my wife and I good laugh. In November of 2012 I had my first back surgery. It was a laminectomy of L4-L5, and L5-S1. I had a roughly 5 inch incision that was obviously on my lower back, just above my pants line. I was sent home the same day of the surgery, and crashed in bed immediately on getting home. The next morning my 5 year old daughter crawled into my bed, kissed my cheek and asked if I was ok. I looked at her and said daddy will be ok, but I would need a few weeks to heal up. She asked what happened at the hospital, and I told her daddy had to have surgery to get his tail removed. She laughed and said really?! I said sure, I'll show you. I gingerly rolled into my side, lifted up my shirt and pointed to my incision. Her jaw dropped and said MOMMY, I NEVER KNEW DADDY HAD A TAIL! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO CUT IT OFF?! My wife laughed, but then told my daughter I was kidding. I'll always remember that look my daughter had for those few seconds when she really thought I had my tail removed. 
-CJ
advertisement

Comments

Sign In or Join Us to comment.