advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Nerve flushing in leg?

SooveritSooverit Finger Lakes region of NYPosts: 459
Hi, 

I am set to have my left SI joint fused on the 25th. Right comes after I can bear full weight on left.

I am awaiting test results for ankylosing spondylitis, which my rheumatologist believes I have (but still supports si joint fusion). Anyhow...

For the past year, very sporadically, I get this flushing nerve sensation down my left leg, starting at the back of my thigh. I get it a couple times a week, once or twice a day. It doesn't hurt. Just an odd sensation. It's not in the skin surface, but feels just like it's just below in the muscles. 

For the past three days, I have had increased deep hip, tailbone, rectal and pelvic pain. But that flushing feeling is now pretty constant, and once it reaches my calf area, it kinda circles about before dying out (covers the whole area between my knee and ankle, just not my shin). It feels like if you tickle your tummy, giving yourself a chill down your leg  (something I do constantly when my leg hurts really bad, because it gives me a second of pain relief). It's also much more intense than it has been before.

I also have disc protrusions and bulges in all my lumbar discs (but no apparent disc compression), and two significant annular tears in L4-L5, L5-S1.

Has anyone had these sensations with sacroiliac joint dysfunction OR ankylosing spondylitis?

The sensation separately passes over the left side of the surface of my genitals (though more briefly).

Ok, sorry if that is too detailed. It's just startling to have it increase so much so quickly. 

Any thoughts appreciated.

Sara :) 
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.