advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Advice sought for first visit with primary care doc

edited 08/14/2016 - 9:17 PM in Chronic Pain
The user and all related content has been deleted.
advertisement

Comments

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,496

Red

You don't like to ask easy questions. do you :) ?

First, write some things down, like your medical history as you know it.  Include symptoms, diagnosis, and remedies.  Take note of things that have worked and have not worked.  These notes will help you with an objective discussion with this new doctor.

Second, give your new PCP the benefit of the doubt for a day.  So don't blame the new doc for previous problems, or overburden the discussion with problem doctors from the past.  Talk about diagnosis' and treatments.

Getting to the appointment?  Uber?  How are you at walking?  But really, two mikes isn't very far, can you plan a good route?

Good luck tomorrow.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • advertisement
  • billybobbbillybob USAPosts: 16
    edited 08/15/2016 - 2:02 AM

redhummingbird said:
    The muscle spasms have calmed down after increasing Baclofen but my stomach is a mess from chronic gastritis due to NSAIDS.  I had to stop taking Advil two days ago because my stomach was hurting so much. 

When that happens to me, I use some generic Zantac to knock down the stomach acid production increased by the NSAID (indirectly).  It helped me with the belching and nausea.  Ask your doctor if it may work for you.
  • Hi redhummingbird! Have you tried a pillow? Mckenzie lumbar pillow works really well for my back in the car. I'll even roll a towel if I have to sit somewhere for a long period of time.

I'm really curious why he doesn't believe in MRI's? Did he say?
  • advertisement
  • maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 320
    Are you able to bring in a copy of your medical history somehow that shows previous diagnosis, treatments, tests and medications? Will your new doctor be receiving your chart from your previous doctor? I am able to access my medical history through my insurance companies website, which is very helpful. Just a thought. Good luck!
  • maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 320
    Glad to hear it went well!
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,496

Great news Redhummingbird.  I am so glad that it went well.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.