advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

C5-c7 spinal fusion- what will recovery be like?

Comments

• Hi! I had cspine reconstruction surgery with fusion and strut from C4-T1 last September, both anterior and posterior.  So, some of my experiences may not be the same as yours. I can tell you that a "grabber" from WalMart or any drug store will be your new best friend, as you cannot lift, bend or any of that type of thing for a while. Without that handy grabber, picking up things from the floor would've been a nightmare. Also, I wont lie to you, recovery can be rather painful (again, my experience was a little different), but some of the symptoms disappear immediately, others, like nerve pain, numbness will and may continue, but it does ease up quite a bit. For your bed, you may want to use a recliner for a while, as getting in and out of bed can be fairly painful., when you do go back to bed, some extra pillows may help to support your back and neck. Best advice, is drink lots of water, take your meds (don't try to be stubborn here, as the pain can get out of control), and REST, REST, REST!!! You will do great and I wish you an easy and fast recovery!
  • Hello, My fusion anterior was c3-c5. For me, recovery was a breeze, but I have to say I was in sad shape before that. Recovery was quick and smooth for me. I did not need pain meds and the relief was immediate. What wasn't so quick was the fact that almost two years later, I still deal with tingling, twitches and burning sensations in my hands and legs, This is due to the extreme compression on my spinal cord.

Recovery for each of us is so different. I hope the best for you.
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.