advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

I think I have it..

I am a 28 year old healthy and active male. Every area on my body feels very numb (never sure when to use numb versus tense) when I apply some pressure on it at this point. I previously only dealt with upper back and shoulder tightness which would sometimes even go away after a strong massage. I recently got back from Thailand after spending a month in Bangkok and Chiang Rai. I got a lot of acupuncture and massage therapy done from some of the best massage masters. My range of motion has increased and I can now turn my neck further left than I could before and my back doesn't feel nearly as tight/frozen as it was prior to my trip. However, now everything feels numb when touching and the pain that stands out radiates between right and left side of my upper back. Prior to going to Thailand, I either didn't notice how tense/numb the rest of my body was or the tension was only in my upper back/shoulder area. My upper chest and stomach have NEVER felt this way prior.

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,709
    hello nickv

please click on the link for useful information

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,509
    nickv

Welcome to the Spine-Health forums.

The thing that really stands out in your discussion is that you don't mention seeking the advice of a doctor.  Have you?

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• advertisement
  • Were you able to come to conclusion on what the diagnosis was?

• LizLiz Posts: 9,709

This is an old discussion created by a member no longer on the forum so I have to close it. If they return we can reopen the discussion.

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.