advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

2000$ or Surgery?

Im young- but I have Scoliosis, Batwing syndrome, arthritis, and a deteriorated disk & something with my facet joints I don't remember lol.  (Along With an extra vertebrae). My doctors has given me and my parents 3 options: 
1) Live with the pain 
2) Spinal Fusion
3) Pay 2000$ out of pocket for a stim cell injection. 

Has anyone had a similar situation and can give me advice for what is the best decision to make & 
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 2,603
    hello youngarthritis
    please click on the link for useful information
    welcome to spine-health
    you may also find our newly launched arthritis-health useful.
    please visit https://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,496
    youngarthritis

It is interesting that you put a price tag on one option, but not the others.  Living with the pain will cost money, but may spread it over time better as you buy pain medicine and have trouble keeping a job.  Spinal Surgery is very expensive, but the out of pocket will be limited by your insurance.

So the important question for you to ask your doctor is:  For each of these options, what are the expected results and risks?
  • advertisement
  • Bruce Eitman

My insurance completely covers the fusion and my medicine, which is why the stem cell injection has a price tag and the others do not.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.