advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

Three time cervical spine fusion recipient

Hi All!  I was happy to find this chat spot, we all know how difficult it can be to communicate our struggles to healthy persons in our lives.  We may look good on the outside and push through the pain and immobility, but in reality we are miserable and suffering.  My spine conditions reared there ugly heads at age 36.  I woke up one morning in 2001 and couldn't move my neck and head.  I went to a chiropractor and during the visit he went out and told my boyfriend,now husband, to get me to a surgeon or E R asap.  This is where my life changed forever.  I had one level fusion that year, two more at same time in 2004 and finally another in 2012, with that one I woke up on a respirator due to a complication.  I now am suffering with thoracic and lumbar disorders.  For me my spine decided to enjoy a game of dominoes at the peril of my extremities.  Please ignore my gloomy mood today, but we are headed to our County Fair, and I will push through the pain and enjoy myself, next year I may not be able to go at all.  Thank you for being there, I look forward to sharing with you all.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,212
    hello carolyn29 !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

Sign In or Join Us to comment.